The Adviser reveals today the judging panel for the 2018 Better Business Awards and explains exactly how winners are chosen for each category.
The assembly of the judging panel for the Better Business Awards involves a collaborative approach. To ensure professionalism and transparency, a judging panel made up of respected industry professionals is chosen to examine the submissions.
Award submissions are assessed against specific metrics and business performance parameters to determine the finalists in each state.
Each judge is assigned a number of categories and will be asked to score each submission in those categories based on all documentation provided by award entrants. The aggregate highest score will determine the winner of each award. One winner per award category will be selected from the list of finalists, with the awards presented at the state awards dinners between 15 February and 15 March 2018.
Here is the roster of judges for the 2018 Better Business Awards:
- Matt Carlson, general manager, Western Region, CoreLogic
- Simon Dehne, principal, Conscious Futures
- Tony Dormer, director, Tricor Cheward Dormers
- Douglas Driscoll, CEO, Starr Partners
- Michael Field, partner, Evett Field Partners
- Adam Franklin, CEO, Bluewire Media
- Josh Firth, managing director, The Dubs
- Robert Hadded, director, The Practice
- Glenn Kunning, business coach, Futureways
- Peter Lynch, client relationship manager, Aon
- Dr Maryam Safari, lecturer of accounting, RMIT University
- Bridget Sakr, ambassador, The Risk Board
- Brett Spencer, chairman, Opica Group
- Kevin Turner, CEO, Real Estate Talk and Real Estate UNCUT
- Jeff Zulman, founder and managing director, BBBSA Finance
Participation in the Better Business Awards is open to all brokers and brokerages, regardless of whether they are aligned with a brokerage, an aggregator, a lender or an industry association.
The awards will be hosted as a dinner in each state, following the conclusion of the award-winning Better Business Summit, which delivers practical business tools, training and business intelligence to help brokers build a more productive and profitable business.
You can enter yourself, or nominate someone, for the Better Business Awards 2018 now.
Submissions close on Friday, 10 November.
The winners of the awards will be announced at the state-based dinners between 15 February and 15 March in the following venues:
Find out more about the awards and the Better Business Summit here.
James Mitchell has over eight years’ experience as a financial reporter and is the editor of Wealth and Wellness at Momentum Media.
He has a sound pedigree to cover the business of mortgages and the converging financial services sector having reported for leading finance titles InvestorDaily, InvestorWeekly, Accountants Daily, ifa, Mortgage Business, Residential Property Manager, Real Estate Business, SMSF Adviser, Smart Property Investment, and The Adviser.
He has also been published in The Daily Telegraph and contributed online to FST Media and Mergermarket, part of the Financial Times Group.
James holds a BA (Hons) in English Literature and an MA in Journalism.
The business lender has reported a record quarter of agricultural...
The major bank has confirmed that the founder of Australia’s fo...