Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA

Website Notifications

Get notifications in real-time for staying up to date with content that matters to you.

Gen Y prime target for brokers: report

Staff Reporter 5 minute read

Generation Y borrowers are more likely to use a mortgage broker than any other market segment for advice and support, a new report has found.

According to Retail Finance Intelligence (RFI) Consumer Attitudes to Mortgage Brokers report, age is a distinctive feature in borrowers who use the broker channel.

More than 47 per cent of 25-34 years olds said they would conduct their enquiries using the broker channel, much higher than the survey average of 37 per cent.

The report, which is based on the survey results of over 2000 mortgage holders, also said the proportion of 25-34 year olds who used a broker to apply for their home loan was higher than average.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Just over 39 per cent said they would use a broker when applying for a home loan, compared to the survey average of 31 per cent.

In typical Gen Y fashion, the reasons for using a mortgage broker rather than a bank all related to the simplification or speed of the mortgage application.

More than 57 per cent said they would use a broker because it gave them the chance to see a range of loans from a range of lenders in a simplified fashion, 43 per cent said they would use a broker to ease the stress of the application process and 38 per cent thought a broker would save them time.

Would you like to receive this 25 page report in full?

RFi is currently assessing broker attitudes to the mortgage market and to mortgage lenders.

PROMOTED CONTENT


Brokers who complete this 15 minute survey will receive the full Consumer Attitudes to Mortgage Brokers 2009 report – FREE of charge.

Click here to complete the survey – once completed RFi will send you your free copy of the Consumer Attitudes to Mortgage Brokers 2009 report.

For any technical issues or enquiries, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for assistance.

Gen Y prime target for brokers: report
default
TheAdviser logo

The not-to-be-missed Accountants Daily Strategy Day will travel through Melbourne and Sydney in August to equip accounting professionals with the latest industry updates and tips for modern practice management as well as the latest cutting-edge technology, processes, strategies and trends shaping the future of accounting. Visit the website for more information: www.accountantsdaily.com.au/strategy-day

default

 

more from the adviser
David Hyman

Breaking News

Brokers promote competition in lending: Lendi

Brokers are driving competition in the mortgages sector and chang...

money au ta

Breaking News

SME fintech closes $25m raise to fund expansion

An SME lender has raised $25 million in equity to fund the ‘rap...

loan application

Breaking News

Hot Property: The biggest property headlines from the week 26 to 30 July

The weekly round-up of the biggest news stories from across Momen...