Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
Powered by MOMENTUM MEDIA

Website Notifications

Get notifications in real-time for staying up to date with content that matters to you.

FHOG boost not over yet

Staff Reporter 1 minute read

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd yesterday signalled that the increased first home owner grant would come to an end on its proposed deadline of June 30 but there are now indications the grant could be extended in a new form.

Speaking yesterday in Perth Mr Rudd said the boost would conclude “within a very fixed and finite time frame”.

“It’s had strong, useful results so far but I’ve got to say all good things must come to an end.”

But according to The Daily Telegraph, sources have revealed the scheme will be renewed, but in a new format favouring new building.

Housing Industry Association (HIA) chief executive Chris Lamont also told The Australian Financial Review he was “reasonably hopeful” the government would extend the boost in a new form to foster new building activity.

The Urban Development Institute also told the daily the scheme needed extending to protect against significant job losses in the construction industry.

 

FHOG boost not over yet
default
TheAdviser logo
default

 

more from the adviser
digital home ta Heritage to introduce new origination platform

The non-major bank has teamed up with a credit reporting firm to ...

woman financia counselling ta SA offers free financial counselling to women

At-risk women living in SA will be given access to free financial...

Sam Carrello bc64 WA broker reveals his top tips for hiring staff

Napoleon Finance broker and director Sam Carello has revealed his...

FROM THE WEB