When clients engage Semper Capital, they talk with a decision-maker, not a faceless administrator
Semper Capital is a non-bank lender specialising in real property-secured finance. Semper uses state-of-the-art risk and loan management technology enabling it to apply a hands-on approach to client management.
Instead of dealing with a faceless administrator, clients talk directly to a decision-maker from the point that an application is made until the day the loan is repaid.
Semper’s technology allows it to assess risk quickly. Turnaround times for offer and drawdown are rapid and enable Semper to move at the pace clients need if they are to meet immediate opportunities or alleviate impending difficulty.
The lender specialises in:
- Commercial term loans, 12 months renewable
- Subdivision finance
- Equity-release loans
- Commercial and consumer bridging finance, 112 months
- Non-conforming and distressed relief finance – pre-administration and DOCA sympathetic
- Property-secured simulated debtor finance
Semper seeks to break all common perceptions of lenders in its space by o ering a well-priced sympathetic approach to lending. It applies a ‘work with’ principle and seeks clients for whom time is of the essence and who plan to exit by sale of an asset or by refinance to a traditional bank lender, having achieved a variety of strategic goals.
Semper possesses the strongest possible funding structure, allowing it to lend as little as $100,000 and up to $25 million. Above all, Semper treats brokers and introducers as valued participants in the client’s path to success.
A case study
An agricultural business with bank debts exceeding $7 million suffered a three-year downturn in profitability and its commercial facilities had matured. The bank moved the client to work-out as creditors petitioned an appointment of external administrators and potential fee costs of $250,000 per month.
Semper reviewed the assets and business accounts, met with management and discussed a turnaround strategy. With multiple assets valued at $17million, of farming land and residential and commercial properties, we proposed a bridging facility. This allowed the bank to exit with 100 cents in the dollar and the appointment of a voluntary administrator to manage a Deed of Company Arrangement with creditors. We helped the client to sell non-productive properties to reduce debt while the company put in strategies to improve turnover and profitability. The reduction in debt and an increase in profits returned the business to a position of serviceability, enabling bank refinance within 14 months.
Typical situations in which we can help
- Pre-administration / liquidation – If a client faces the appointment of an external administrator and fears losing their business and assets
- Tax liabilities – Clients with an overwhelming company tax debt?
- Replacement finance or deleveraging – Companies forced to exit a bank may need to restructure debt before they can get back to a bank. Semper is a sympathetic lender that will help clients through an orderly settlement of debt back to serviceability
- Mezzanine finance – For developers with cost overruns or who seek equity release prior to development completion, Semper specialises in providing subordinated debt to complete a project
- Bridging finance / ‘caveat loans’ – when immediate funds are required to bridge an immediate need prior to making alternate arrangements. Semper can provide a bespoke approach to credit analysis and achieve a speedy drawdown
Andrew Way is the director of Semper Capital