In December, the government released the final report from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission’s Home Loan Price Inquiry, which examined how the home loan market works and potential improvements that could be made. Annie Kane reviews the key findings and recommendations.
Back in October 2019, the Treasurer Josh Frydenberg directed the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to conduct an inquiry into home loan pricing after noting that the banks had failed to pass on to mortgage customers the RBA’s full 25-basis-point cash rate reduction.
This content is available exclusively to The Adviser members.
Subscribe to The Adviser for unlimited access to exclusive content.
Save over 7% off the monthly price.
FOR 1 YEAR
- Better Business Summit Conference access (in person and/or online)
- The Adviser monthly print magazine, supplements and special reports
- Unlimited access to all exclusive premium member content online
- Access to rankings and reports
- Access to exclusive monthly members email
- 10% discount on all The Adviser awards tickets
- CPD points available