With more Australians working for themselves than ever before, self-employed borrowers present a massive opportunity for mortgage brokers. It’s time to take advantage.
According to the latest ABS Characteristics of Employment Survey, there are around 11.8 million employed persons in Australia, of whom more than two million are self-employed. That means owner-managers make up around 17 per cent of the country’s labour force. However, research shows that when it comes to finance, these self-employed borrowers have been, and continue to be, underserved.
This content is available exclusively to The Adviser members.
Subscribe to The Adviser for unlimited access to exclusive content.
Save over 7% off the monthly price.
FOR 1 YEAR
- Better Business Summit Conference access (in person and/or online)
- The Adviser monthly print magazine, supplements and special reports
- Unlimited access to all exclusive premium member content online
- Access to rankings and reports
- Access to exclusive monthly members email
- 10% discount on all The Adviser awards tickets
- CPD points available