Building a brokerage from the ground up, like any business, is no easy feat. It holds plenty of promise and potential, but there are also challenges — expected and unexpected — that first-time brokerage founders will need to confront. Tas Bindi spoke to Australia’s top brokers about how they navigated their first year in business.
Loan Market broker Nelson Bedoya, director at Build Invest Grow Financial Group (BIG), admitted that starting a brokerage was one of the most daunting decisions he has ever made. He was comfortable working as a home loan specialist at a bank, but witnessing his parents’ struggles with purchasing property inspired him to build a business dedicated to helping Australians navigate the complexities of the home loan market.
This content is available exclusively to The Adviser members.
Subscribe to The Adviser for unlimited access to exclusive content.
Save over 7% off the monthly price.
FOR 1 YEAR
- Better Business Summit Conference access (in person and/or online)
- The Adviser monthly print magazine, supplements and special reports
- Unlimited access to all exclusive premium member content online
- Access to rankings and reports
- Access to exclusive monthly members email
- 10% discount on all The Adviser awards tickets
- CPD points available