With headlines claiming Australian housing affordability to be at its lowest in 23 years, Mortgage Business caught up with Rod Cornish, head of property research at Macquarie Bank, to find out how the property market is holding up.
It’s a bad time to be getting into the property market, if you believe the statistics. Recent figures released by the Commonwealth Bank and the Housing Industry Association reveal housing affordability to be at its lowest since 1984, with borrowers at least 10 per cent worse off than they were 12 months ago.
This content is available exclusively to The Adviser members.
Subscribe to The Adviser for unlimited access to exclusive content.
Save over 7% off the monthly price.
FOR 1 YEAR
- Better Business Summit Conference access (in person and/or online)
- The Adviser monthly print magazine, supplements and special reports
- Unlimited access to all exclusive premium member content online
- Access to rankings and reports
- Access to exclusive monthly members email
- 10% discount on all The Adviser awards tickets
- CPD points available