Marketing guru Tim Reid shares his dos and don’ts on how to effectively digitally market your broking business.
Top 5 social media dos:
1. Focus on sharing your knowledge and on being helpful. That means not selling, but educating your prospects.
2. Create a website that goes beyond a brochure with blogs, videos, podcasts and useful info.
3. Update your website and start a blog. There’s nothing worse than going to a business’ Facebook page to see the last update was six months ago, as prospects will question whether you’re still in business.
4. Acknowledge you are who Google says you are.
5. Put aside time each week for your digital marketing and make it a habit.
Top 5 social media don'ts:
1. Think it will cost a fortune.
2. Feel you need to be on every social media channel. Facebook and LinkedIn are the top two you'd consider as a broker, but whichever you choose, stick with it.
3. Do it all yourself. Surround yourself with a virtual marketing team.
4. Focus solely on digital marketing - it's not an either/or situation. Continue what you're doing with networking, advertising, and direct mail and start to integrate that with your digital marketing.
5. Avoid digital marketing – it's here to stay!
Tim Reid is founder and host of Australia and New Zealand’s number one business and marketing podcast – The Small Business Big Marketing Show.
Political and regulatory developments are conspiring in favour of...
The major bank and its subsidiaries have made changes to their re...
The low level of home ownership among younger age groups has play...