For many, retirement or succession planning may seem like a far-off activity, but planning for your exit from industry early is the key to success, as Annie Kane finds out.
Thinking about retirement often conjurs up images of cruising around the Rheine, spending time gardening or playing golf. But all of these activities require a healthy nest egg to fund a leisurely lifestyle. Without the luxury or convenience of an employee superannuation fund, most brokers rely on selling their business in their autumn years. To ensure that brokers get the most value of their business, succession planning should be done as early as possible, according to Nick Young, director of trail book buyer Trail Homes.
This content is available exclusively to The Adviser members.
Subscribe to The Adviser for unlimited access to exclusive content.
Save over 7% off the monthly price.
FOR 1 YEAR
- Better Business Summit Conference access (in person and/or online)
- The Adviser monthly print magazine, supplements and special reports
- Unlimited access to all exclusive premium member content online
- Access to rankings and reports
- Access to exclusive monthly members email
- 10% discount on all The Adviser awards tickets
- CPD points available